July was CHOCK FULL of amazing/busy/crazy/AMAZING things. It was so good that I've got a ton to catch you guys up on! I've been gone for so long- I promise I'll make it up to you this month!
- Jordan and I hosted a cookout at the beginning of the month as a belated birthday celebration with he and his mom, as well as July 4th. We made some damn amazing food- including burgers that were 3/4 beef and 1/4 GROUND BACON. They were totally boner-worthy. I'm sorry I said that.
- I hosted a camp at work, got delicious food truck dinner with my friend Courtney and her cute family, drank delicious cocktails, had TWO flat tires in less than 24 hours, went to the library a bunch, saw The Avett Brothers, drank iced coffee like it was my job, and listened to lots of records! JB also discovered that the random blackberry bushes in our front yard are actually producing fruit this year- he was SO pumped!
- Katie and I officially announced our wedding blog, Marry and Bright! We are SO humbled by the response we've gotten so far! She is an amazing business partner, and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store for us! Katie also made an awesome logo for this little event business of mine ;)
- Nikki, Ashley and I hosted the first Shoot Share event! This event was a LOT of work and worth every second of it. Shoot Share was designed to be one part networking event for new and experienced photographers and one part styled photo shoot. The theme we chose was A Midsummer Night's Dream, and (not to entirely toot my own horn) IT WAS AMAZING. I had two amazing partners in crime, a LOT of rain, and some amazing images I will treasure for a long time. Though I can't share much from Shoot Share yet (we are working on getting it published on an exclusive national wedding blog!) Here are lots of fun shots that I took with my phone. Also, please take a look at Ashley's post and Nikki's post about Shoot Share!
- Do you remember that brunch photo shoot Katie and I did this spring? We've got a big feature coming up in just a few days and I CANNOT WAIT TO SHARE EVERYTHING! In the meantime, I'm going to be working my ass off getting this little blog back on track and having a landing page for my events biz!
- I'll be going to Minnesota at the end of the month to visit Jordan! I'm already excited about the cooler temps, the shops and restaurants I've been wanting to check out, and maybe snagging a juicy Lucy while I'm there.
- We're already planning Shoot Share 2.0 for this fall/winter! Nikki, Ashley and I have already chosen our (secret) theme and are working hard to create a beautiful event and photo shoot for our participants!
I'll be back soon with some fun posts, an amazing ice cream recipe, a cocktail or two, and to share more of the loveliness that has kept me so busy!