Happy June, y'all! I don't like the hot weather, but I'm super into longer days, sunshine, and outdoor events. Let's do this thing!
- I spent SO MUCH TIME in the kitchen this month! I made jam (x2!) biscuits, pies (lots!), muffins, pickles, salads, ice cream, and ALL OF THE VEGETABLES. These are the best times. Let's keep this up.
- JB and I went on a couple of date nights-- some with friends and some by ourselves. We brunched on a patio (!!!), had a margarita date after a particularly long week at work, and went to dinner (for fried chicken, specifically) with my favorite girlfriend and her beau.
- Inspiration to kick my event biz (and this sad-looking little blog) into gear struck. And it struck hard. I have A LOT I want to do over the coming months, so hang tight friends! It's going to be great.
- I saw Band of Horses AND The Shins this month. They were both awesome. I cried at both (STOP WITH YOUR JUDGE-Y STUFF!)
Enjoy some videos from these shows! *DISCLAIMER: these videos are not my own. I found them on YouTube, but take NO credit for the filming or production of them*
- JB got an AWESOME career opportunity which will take him away from home a bit more than I'd like. I love that boy too much to hold him back, though, and am very much looking forward to the time we will get to spend together. When husbands go out of town for long periods of time, they typically bring their wives awesome gifts, right?? RIGHT??
- I've got lots of different meetings- both business AND pleasure scheduled for June. I am surrounded by some really awesome and inspiring ladies. Cheers to being a do-er!
- Since JB is going to be gone quite a while I can't wait to have as much fun as possible before he leaves! I'm hoping this will involve food trucks, local beer, brunch & smuggled drinks in the park at least once.
- We subscribe to a local CSA, and things are starting to get reeeaalll good. We've gotten so many delicious things lately, I always anxiously await our box! I DO like summer for it's produce. Berries and green things and beets and beans? Yup.
Who is pumped to have fun this month? I know this girl is.