A goodbye/hello posts totally slid past me this week. Better late than never, no?
- I painted the back of our front door bright yellow at the beginning of the month. It was a super fast project, and now I want to paint everything! It's amazing how something you look at every day can benefit so much from just a quick coat of paint. It just looks so HAPPY!
- I spent a LOT of time baking this month! Some of the more notable things: birthday dessert for JB's sister, a few cute desserts for the styled shoot Katie and I put together (including pies in jars!), and TOASTED COCONUT SHORTBREAD. Amen.
- In addition to the styled shoot Katie and I worked on, the lovely Annamarie asked me to come play with flowers and hang out with she and Michelle Amarillo at their styled shoot in the beginning of April! I've had flowers on the brain a lot lately, and had a BLAST helping these two awesome women out.
- I had two, count 'em TWO! client meetings this month! The first one was with Nikki and Ashley, two fun local photographers. We're going to put on an amaaaaaazing styled shoot in July. I'm so, SO stinkin' excited. Seriously. This one is going to get knocked out of the park. The second with a meeting was BRIDE that wants me to style her WEDDING in October! I'm freaking out and so excited!
- We got a juicer! I am in love. IN LOVE. I seriously want to juice all of the time (when I'm not eating Toasted Coconut Shortbread, obvs.) Do you guys have any favorite juice recipes?!
- Both of the concerts I mentioned are this month! Band of Horses is TONIGHT, and the Shins show is on Memorial day. I am so stoked.
- I think JB and I might throw a cookout for our pals on Memorial Day weekend. That happens to be the weekend that the new season of Arrested Development is released on Netflix. I can see a theme emerging...!
- I kind of hate hot weather, but am sort of pumped about some patio weather. I think it is my goal to brunch on a patio this month. Day drinkin' in the sunshine? I'm in.
- THE GREAT GATSBY comes out on Friday! I am chomping at the bit to see this movie. I adore the book, Baz Luhrmann is so fun, and the previews are absolutely to die for.
- We are finally (you know, after a year and a half) settling into our house. We are hanging art this evening, as a matter of fact! I may share some photos- be on the lookout!