How is it April already?! I can hardly believe it. Regardless, happy April, friends! I promise to post more regularly this month ;)
- It snowed a couple times this month, and I LOVED IT. There are really few things better than a cold morning, a thick sweater and warm socks! Add some hot coffee and snuggly blanket and I'm all set!
- I feel as though the Ranunculus season is shorter and shorter each year. I loaded up on these beauties this month- purchasing them three separate time just so they could hang around as long as possible. These are my absolute FAVORITE flower, and one of the best things about the changing of the seasons.
- I purchased concert tickets to see two of my very favorite bands! I get to see Band of Horses and The Shins (!!!) next month.
- I was sick as a dog for about a week. Yesterday was the first day that I felt noticeably better. Thank Glob that garbage is over. On to more sunshine and less snot!
- JB and I celebrated our six month-iversary of marriage by making pizza on Friday night! Has it really already been six months? That feels weird.
One more thing to mention that happened in March was Easter! I finally had a dinner party and it was really fun! We had a small group of 7, that was a great mixture of family and friends. JB and I knocked out a pretty good meal. I realized as I was cooking that all of the food that we made were recipes we've never tried before. Oops. That's what you're supposed to do the first time you entertain a crowd, right?
photos 3, 4 & 5 courtesy of the lovely Aine.
- I think JB and I might try and tackle growing some veggies and herbs this summer. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I have a BLACK thumb and kill everything. The only plants I can manage to keep alive are cut flowers and bamboo. So, fingers crossed everything doesn't die immediately! Do any of you have recommendations of hardy plants we can try?
- One of my unofficial goals this year is to CAN ALL OF THE THINGS. I love to make jam and preserves- and I plan on trying my hand out on some savory things this year. I've been DYING over this Homemade Bloody Mary Kit that Allison from Deuce Cities Henhouse put together. I'm jealous I didn't think of it first!
- My styled shoot with Katie is this month! Finally! Can't wait to kick my projects into overdrive over the next few weeks to make it look amazing!
Woop woop! I hope you guys have a killer April and that you don't fall victim to any crazy April Fool's jokes today!