Welp, goodbye February! You were pretty swell. I liked you, and I hope March is even better!
- We had lots to celebrate in February! There was Valentine's day, which we spent at home on the couch with sushi and beer. After that, we hosted a really fun party with some of my oldest friends. I made some pretty tasty treats (homemade pretzel dogs and carnitas tacos!) and we drank just a few adult beverages. At the end of the month, we went to Dave and Busters for the first time to celebrate my friend Kim's birthday!
- JB got some really awesome color work done on his half sleeve, which is definitely long overdue. He started this particular tattoo almost four years ago, so it was time to get some work done! I also got a little tattoo this month that I'm pretty thrilled with.
- I'm really working on getting us organized! We've already purged two huge rooms in our house, and are working on more. I've also been able to organize my thoughts and ideas much more efficiently than before. I've started carrying around notebooks for thoughts, ideas, and all of my crazy lists!
- We finally ordered the duvet cover I mentioned in this post, and officially have the loveliest bed of all the beds! Seriously, between our delightfully soft sheets and this cozy duvet cover, I'd like to hibernate all day!
- As always, I have a ton of projects that I'd like to work on! One of them is a joint project with my favorite friendographer, which I hope to share more details about in a month or two. It's always fun to get the creative juices flowing, and I am so pumped!
- Method/Target has launched a second line of Orla Kiely soaps and cleaners for the spring! Orla is my favorite designer, so of COURSE I had to buy all of them. Come on over, you'll find all of the scents (from the first line and this) hoarded away in my linen closet. Don't worry, I don't consider it a problem (though JB may beg to differ!)
- Easter is at the end of March this year (so early!) We usually eat Easter dinner at JB's parent's house, but they'll be out of town this year. If my family doesn't host a meal this year, we might put on a little Easter dinner of our own. I LOVE to cook and entertain so much, so this has the potential to be good. I'll keep you posted!
- Last but not least, I'm going to tackle at least one of the items on my list of goals that I posted here. I just purchased a whole chicken, and I'm going to spatchcock it and roast that B! I've been spending so much time in the kitchen lately. It is GLORIOUS.
That's all, folks! Enjoy a few photos from my Instagram account!
All photos are my own, with the exception of row four, column two. Stolen from the Instagram feed of Katie Nesbitt.