I am a list maker. I write lists every day for various reasons- tasks to accomplish at work, chores to do at home, projects I’d like to start. In keeping with this theme, I’d like to say goodbye to January and hello to February with a few lists of events and goals!
- January was a really fun month! I celebrated my birthday the entire first weekend of the month with amazing meals, surrounded by family and friends. We went to dinner with JB's beautiful sister and her boyfriend on my actual birthday, and then went to brunch with a large group and to the VMFA for a Chihuly exhibit afterwards!
- We got a little snow in January, and I decided that would be a good time to put Ollie the pug in a sweater. I just LOVE the snow, and I wish it would snow 3 feet before the end of winter.
- I finally started this blog! This may sound like a silly thing to mention, but I've been wanting to have an outlet for all of my projects and food adventures. The final nudge was my sweet husband giving me a Macbook Pro for Christmas. That is what we call a sign, yes? Anyways, I'm really happy to be here, and I'm really excited for whats to come!
I am SO DANG EXCITED for February! I have LOTS of ideas swimming around in my head for blog posts. Be on the look out for some really fun DIY projects, as well as my ALL TIME FAVORITE thing to bake!
- I have quite a few blog-related goals since into it. is so new, but I won’t bore you with all of them. One that WILL impact you, dear readers, is the development of a blogging schedule. I would love to be able to post 3x a week with some really fun content. That means planning ahead, shooting and editing photos in advance, and working on projects bit by bit each day. Are you ready?! I can’t wait!
- We are throwing a really fun, themed party in just a few weeks. I am planning a menu, drinks, and even goody bags. I can't wait to have some of my all-time favorite people under one roof.
- I've been spending more time in the kitchen lately, and I can't explain to you how happy it makes me. I'm having a blast planning meals and cooking in the evenings. I've always been inconsistent with meal planning, but have been SUPER into it lately. I received THIS awesome meal planner as a birthday gift, and I think I want to use it all the time because it's so damn cute! I also discovered this amazing grocery service, Relay Foods, that serves the Richmond, Charlottesville & the DC Metro areas. Using Relay Foods allows me to meal plan AND shop at the same time from the couch. You get to choose where in the city you'd like to pick up, and on what day. IT IS AWESOME. Go check 'em out, you'll love it.
- Valentine’s day! It's coming in just under two weeks! What are your plans? JB and I are still trying to figure out what we’d like to do. Valentine’s day is usually the busiest day of the year at my job, so whatever we do will probably involve bourbon!
If you’re looking for something fun to give your sweetie, I love the idea of giving someone special a sheet of personalized StickyGram magnets. Choose 9 of your favorite Instagram photos and have them turned into the cutest little square magnets! I ordered some for my mister, and think this is such a fun idea!
If this sounds like something right up your alley, use the following promo code for $2 off of your order! Promo Code: FRIENDISAX
Enjoy a few of January’s photos from my own Instagram account. I hope you all had a terrific January and that February is even sweeter!